Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Activation

Well I was activated on April 13 and was surprised what it actually felt like. I read alot of accounts on how it feels to people and the general consensus was that it feels like a lump in your through with a little sore throat feeling. It also makes your voice sound hoarse and can also increase coughing. Well, the activation made me hoarse but that was it except for a mild feeling that I couldn't breathe.

My second treatment was alot different. I had gotten used to the first activation to the point were I rarely even noticed it. The second treatment actually made me cough and was really bothersome at first and the feeling that I was unable to breathe was a little worse. It took me 24 hours to stop coughing everytime it went off and 2 to 3 days to get used to the bothersome sore throat feeling.

I am really worried about the next treatment. Will it be even harder to handle then the second? I still have 3 more treatments until I get to where they want me to be as far as stimulator therapy. I guess we will see because I really want this to work. The other thing that bothers me is I've read were other people with my same disorder are taking even higher stimulator settings then I will be.

Another thing I would like to share is that I have been experiencing alot more euphoria with the device activated. I also am alot more irritable and quick to anger. I did some research and asked some questions of people who have been through this and they both stated that MANIA is a possible side effect. Euphoria is just another word for mania or hypomania. This also worries me.

Lastly, I do have some good news. My laboratory results came back and they were very good in relation to my last set 3 months ago. My A1C is back down to a managable ratio and even my cholestorol and my triglcyrides are down too!

Well thats all for now. I'm not sure anyone is reading this but who knows?

Paul

No comments: